Earlier this year, we announced Disney Springs, the exciting, multi-year transformation of Downtown Disney. If you’ve visited recently, you know that our expansion has officially begun. While we’ve been getting a lot of questions, one of the most popular topics seems to be parking: Will we have more spots? Where will they be located? And where should guests park in the meantime? Read on, because I’ve got answers …
Yes, more parking is coming! The best part: parking will continue to be complimentary. Work recently started on the first of two multi-level parking garages; it is expected to be complete in late 2014 near AMC Theatres. A second garage, closer to World of Disney, is set to open in 2016. Additionally, we’ll continue to offer surface parking.
Enjoy over 70 venues filled with ways to delight you day and night!
• If you’re staying at a Disney Resort, leave the driving to us!
• If you’re driving, here are a few ‘must-knows’:
1. We’ve added additional parking options that will come in handy most Fridays, Saturdays and holidays – you can follow the signs to plentiful parking in the SunTrust and Casting Building lots across the street from Downtown Disney.
2. On our busier days, guests parking in the Team Disney lot can enjoy a complimentary shuttle with direct service to Downtown Disney West Side or can take a short walk to their desired destination.
3. When in doubt, ask a Cast Member – they’re there to help!
4. Last, try the boat transportation! It’s a nice, breezy ride that’s especially enjoyable on a hot day!
July 2014: Update on Disney Springs and parking: