1. Caribbean Atmosphere. There are six villages at the Caribbean Beach Resort where guests can stay: Trinidad North, Trinidad South, Martinique, Barbados, Aruba, and Jamaica. Each of the villages are beautiful and Disney has worked hard to ensure that each islands uniqueness shines through in the villages. There are white sand beaches for you to sunbathe on or perhaps relax in a lakeside hammock. There’s nothing better than stealing a moment away with a loved one on one of the numerous hammocks lining the shores of Barefoot Bay. Let the breeze rock you gently and sunbathe, or stargaze, depending on the time of day you get a breather!
2. The Old Port Royale Pool theme pool is one of the best pools on Disney property. This cool Spanish fort themed zero-entry pool features shooting water cannons, two water slides (one of them is an 82-foot long slide), a wading pool, an aqua play area, two 12-person Jacuzzi spas, and the Banana Cabana pool bar.
3. The Amenities! Do enjoy biking, fishing, or boating on your vacation? The Caribbean Beach Resort has it all! The 1.4 mile promenade around Barefoot Bay is the perfect place to go for a jog or a bike ride. Guests can rent bikes at the marina. Rent a boat and go for a cruise around the bay or book a fishing session and enjoy a relaxing afternoon on the water fishing for bass. And, don’t forget the Old Port Royale Food Court!
4. Caribbean Cay. Caribbean Cay is the Caribbean Beach Resort’s private island for guests to enjoy. Guests can access Caribbean Cay via the bridges from Old Port Royale and Jamaica. One of the best kept secrets at the resort Caribbean Cay is the perfect place to take a romantic stroll with your sweetheart, enjoy a picnic, or relax in one of their hammocks.
5. Cool Rooms. All of the Caribbean Beach Resort’s rooms reflect scenes and characters from Disney/Pixar’s “Finding Nemo”. If you happen to love all things pirate-themed then consider booking one of their Pirate Rooms. You get to sleep in a pirate ship bed!
There are many places to seek out a tropical atmosphere at Disney World — the Polynesian Resort, Old Key West, and the Beach Club come to mind — but there’s something especially relaxing about the atmosphere of Caribbean Beach Resort. It’s tropical, relaxing atmosphere can’t be beat! 🙂
Read about what happened to us when we stayed at Caribbean Beach Resort Strange Happenings at Caribbean Beach Resort.
Even after what happened to us, we still recommend it!
Two Girls and a Mouse Tale
by Elly Collins & Caroline Collins
Ever wonder what it’s like to work for Disney???
We worked at WDW for a year in the Disney College Program (Fall 2013/Spring 2014) and have written a book about what it’s like to be a cast member working for Disney.
We’ve included advice on how to successfully get into the DCP program, including some of the actual phone interview questions, how to have a successful internship, and how not self-term before your program ends. Our book is filled with lots of behind-the-scene stories of the magic of Disney. Available now at Amazon.com in paperback and Kindle formats. Published by Theme Park Press.
Book link on Amazon.com: