I have wanted to get a Kitchen Sink from Beaches and Cream ever since I heard about it!
It was one of the last things that I hadn’t been able to cross off my Bucket List because it’s so hard to coordinate everyone’s schedules. You need at least six people to eat all that ice cream, ten people would be better. Finally, the stars aligned and it happened last week.
It was so awesome that I was able to get everyone together for one last time before I leave the program in May.
Beaches and Cream Ice Cream Shop is attached to the Beach Club Resort. It is so popular, and so tiny with limited seating, that it is reservation only.
Our reservation was for 11am because everyone was working closing shifts. We were surprised when we walked in and every cast member there started clapping! We were the first people in the restaurant that morning and they were welcoming us in.
The Famous Kitchen Sink!!!!!!!
Here’s a list of what’s included in the Kitchen Sink:
- ½ cup fudge topping, warmed
- ½ cup butterscotch topping, warmed
- ½ cup peanut butter topping, warmed
- 1 medium banana, sliced in 1/2 –inch slices
- 1 cinnamon spice cupcake (2 ½ x 1 ¼-inch), quartered
- 1 angel food cupcake (3 x 1 ½-inch), quartered
- 2 4-oz. scoops vanilla ice cream
- 2 4-oz. scoops chocolate ice cream
- 2 4-oz. scoops strawberry ice cream
- 1 4-oz. scoop mint chocolate chip ice cream
- 1 4-oz. scoop coffee ice cream
- 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- ¼ cup marshmallow crème
- ¼ cup strawberry topping
- ¼ cup pineapple topping
- 1 ENTIRE 14-oz CAN OF WHIPPED CREAM!
- 1 brownie (6-inch x 6-inch), quartered
- 1 regular-sized (2 ounce) candy bar, quartered
- 4 chocolate cookies with cream filling
- 1 tablespoon sliced toasted almonds
- 1 tablespoon dark and white chocolate shavings
- 1 tablespoon chocolate cookies with cream filling, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chopped jellied orange slices (approximately 2 large slices)
- 1 tablespoon milk chocolate chip morsels
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter chip morsels
- 1 tablespoon chocolate sprinkles
- 1 tablespoon rainbow sprinkles
- ½ cup drained maraschino cherries
This was SO MUCH FUN!!!!
The best parts of the sink were the brownies and the chocolate ice cream. I honestly hadn’t looked up the ingredients so I really had no idea what to expect. It was hard to see what you were eating because everything was covered in whipped cream so you had no idea what you were eating!
I kept getting tricked into eating coffee ice cream covered with the pineapple topping (not good!) or scoops of (accidentally) getting some strawberry ice cream! Yuck! I don’t like strawberry ice cream! 😦
But, it was such a great experience with my sister and friends!!
And, we found a Hidden Mickey in the onion rings on the wall! 🙂
Two Girls and a Mouse Tale
by Elly Collins & Caroline Collins
Ever wonder what it’s like to work for Disney???
We worked at WDW for a year in the Disney College Program and have written a book about what it’s like to be a cast member working for Disney.
We’ve included advice on how to successfully get into the DCP program, including some of the actual phone interview questions, how to have a successful internship, and how not self-term before your program ends. Our book is filled with lots of behind-the-scene stories of the magic of Disney. Available now at Amazon.com in paperback and Kindle formats. Published by Theme Park Press.
Book link on Amazon.com: