Once we knew we had been accepted into the DCP program, we started thinking about what we wanted to accomplish while at the program.
We never did witness a proposal in front of the Cinderella Castle, but we did do almost everything on our list!!!
Our DCP Bucket List:
1. Go to all four Parks in one day
2. Go to both water parks (Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach)
3. Ride every ride in the Magic Kingdom
4. Go on a safari in the Animal Kingdom
5. Ride every ride at Animal Kingdom
6. Ride Everest 5 times in a row
7. Eat Dole Whip at two locations: Polynesian Resort and Aloha Isle in Magic Kingdom
8. Meet all of the princesses and get a picture with them
9. Visit all the resorts along the monorail
10. Visit the Wedding Pavilion
11. Witness a wedding proposal
12. Get into the MK Park before guests arrive and get a picture of me in front of the castle!
13. Get a group picture with new friends in front of the Castle
14. Watch the Wishes fireworks show
15. Go to the beach more than once
16. Go to the Halloween and Christmas parades at least once
17. Attend a Character Breakfast and meet the princesses
18. Go to the filming of the Disney Christmas Parade
19. Go to Cast Previews
20. Experience a Magical Moment
21. Eat dinner at all the countries at Epcot’s World Showcase (Mexico, Norway, China, Germany, Japan, Italy, America, Morocco, France, United Kingdom, Canada)
22. Eat desserts around the world at Epcot
23. Watch the MK fireworks from the Polynesian Resort
24. Wear ‘Disney Bounding’ clothing in the Parks and take pictures with that character
25. Collect as many trading pins as possible!
26. Meet stepsisters Drizella and Anastasia and have them sing for me
27. Get a picture with every Disney villain
28. Get personalized Mickey Ears
29. Eat at Be Our Guest restaurant with friends
30. Take a picture with Mickey and Minnie in 5 different costumes
31. Go to the Disney outlet mall
32. Go to Disney seminars
33. Flashlight tour of the Haunted Mansion
34. Spend Halloween in the MK Park dressed up like a Princess!
35. Go to Mickey’s Not so Scary Halloween Night
36. Do all my Christmas shopping at Disney
37. Spend a night at the Boardwalk resort
38. Try to finish a Kitchen Sink dessert at Beaches & Cream with friends
39. Make someone’s day completely magical
40. Get a picture with Pocahontas
41. Point at squirrels with Doug
42. Dance with a Disney character
43. Eat beignets and meet Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen
44. Have Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian
45. Ride all 4 mountains in one day (Space, Thunder, Splash, & Everest)!
46. Go to the Spirit of Aloha luau dinner at the Polynesian resort
47. Attend a Cast Member only private event
48. Make a rice krispie cookie at Goofy’s Candy Company
49. Spend the night at Animal Kingdom Lodge
50. Go to Universal and experience the World of Harry Potter
Two Girls and a Mouse Tale
by Elly Collins & Caroline Collins
Ever wonder what it’s like to work for Disney???
We worked at WDW for a year in the Disney College Program and have written a book about what it’s like to be a cast member working for Disney.
We’ve included advice on how to successfully get into the DCP program, including some of the actual phone interview questions, how to have a successful internship, and how not self-term before your program ends. Our book is filled with lots of behind-the-scene stories of the magic of Disney. Available now at Amazon.com in paperback and Kindle formats. Published by Theme Park Press.
Book link on Amazon.com: Two Girls and a Mouse Tale