- As soon as your DCP program ends, you want to go back because you miss being able to pop over to a Disney theme park when you’re bored.
- You immediately start saving all of your money so you can book a Disney vacation ASAP.
- You spend the rest of your school breaks at Disney until you graduate.
- You are now the Disney expert among your family and friends, and everyone knows this.
- You start to annoy everyone because every story you tell starts, “This one time at Disney…”
- You know all of the words spoken by the ghost host in the Haunted Mansion, and you find yourself reciting them at random times of the day.
- You lose track of time in the evening because you no longer hear fireworks every night at 9 p.m.
- You’ve memorized the safety spiels of the monorail, the parking trams and every attraction, and you know them in both English and Spanish.
- You go through roller coaster withdrawal when you go longer than a month without riding Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, or Expedition Everest.
- Without realizing it, you still point at everything using your two-finger Disney point.
- Every picture you post on #TBT is of you during your DCP Program.
- When anyone you know goes on a trip to Disney, you immediately like all of the photos they post online.
- When you tell your friends about the time when you were in Mexico, you forget that you now have to clarify that you mean Epcot, not the actual country.
- You can spot a Disney antenna topper a mile away, and get really excited when you see one on someone’s car back home.
- When your friends can’t come up with anything to do, you always suggest a Disney movie marathon.
- You’ve taken to listening Disney music whenever you’re in the car (with the volume all the way up so you can sing along).
- You use acronyms like WDW, DLR, DAK and TTC, and people look at you like you have five heads.
- You are way more inspired by Walt Disney quotes than anyone else.
- You rethink your whole career plan because you want to move back and work at Disney.
- When you go back to visit, you get overly emotional during Wishes because you feel like you’re home. 🙂
(adapted from the DCP Blog: https://disneyprogramsblog.com/20-things-all-disney-college-program-alumni-have-in-common/)
Two Girls and a Mouse Tale
by Elly Collins & Caroline Collins
Ever wonder what it’s like to work for Disney???
We worked at WDW for a year in the Disney College Program (Fall 2013/Spring 2014) and have written a book about what it’s like to be a cast member working for Disney.
We’ve included advice on how to successfully get into the DCP program, including some of the actual phone interview questions, how to have a successful internship, and how not self-term before your program ends. Our book is filled with lots of behind-the-scene stories of the magic of Disney. Available now at Amazon.com in paperback and Kindle formats. Published by Theme Park Press.
Book link on Amazon.com: