Several people have asked us for tips on starting a blog and blogging.
We don’t know if word blogs are better than video blogs (vlogs). It seems like they each have their own audiences.
We have a very successful blog that gets a lot of traffic even though it’s less than a year old. We started blogging about the DCP program before we even arrived in Florida. We knew that it was such a once-in-a-lifetime experience being shared by thousands of people just like us. But, our most loyal followers have been our family and friends. 🙂
Here are our blogging tips:
- Find a blog hosting site that you love and is easy to use (preferably free!). We like WordPress.
- Blog about what interests you and your personal experiences. We love Disney, so that’s what we blog about.
- Use images, preferably your own. A photo blog is 100x more interesting than just text.
- Keep it short. No one has time to read a 10,000 word blog or watch a 10 minute vlog.
- Write regularly. Commit to writing frequently, at least once a week.
- Write well. Use spellcheck, edit the length of sentences AND paragraphs.
- Tag your posts so search engines can find it.
- Post your blog at the best time of the day.
- Don’t spam ever, especially other people’s blogs.
- Don’t be afraid to re-edit your published blogs.
- Don’t use the real names of friends, coworkers, or managers in your blog posts!
- Don’t worry if it takes time to build an audience. It will happen.
Happy blogging! 🙂
About our blog: About Us!
Two Girls and a Mouse Tale
by Elly Collins & Caroline Collins
Ever wonder what it’s like to work for Disney???
We worked at WDW for a year in the Disney College Program (Fall 2013/Spring 2014) and have written a book about what it’s like to be a cast member working for Disney.
We’ve included advice on how to successfully get into the DCP program, including some of the actual phone interview questions, how to have a successful internship, and how not self-term before your program ends. Our book is filled with lots of behind-the-scene stories of the magic of Disney. Available now at Amazon.com in paperback and Kindle formats. Published by Theme Park Press.
Book link on Amazon.com: