August 2014 Update: We’ve written a book about our time at Disney World working in the DCP Program. Available now on Amazon. com. Published by Theme Park Press.
ISBN 978-1-941500-11-8, $14.95
Two Girls and a Mouse Tale
© 2014 Elly and Caroline Collins
Double Shot of the Disney College Program
Elly and Caroline Collins aren’t just sisters; they’re best friends, too. So when Elly suggested that they join the Disney College Program together, Caroline went right along. They left their family and boyfriends in Colorado for a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to live, work, and play with Mickey Mouse.
Two Girls and a Mouse Tale is both diary and tutorial. It offers essential advice on how to get accepted into the Disney College Program, and how to avoid the pitfalls of working for Disney and living in its pressure-cooker environment. But mostly it provides a fun, witty, intimate account of a year spent in the pixie dust trenches of Walt Disney World, taking you behind the scenes, through the theme parks, and out the front gate into the dorm-like Disney apartments and the warts-and-all College Program community.
Caroline and Elly open their diaries and share:
- What you absolutely must do to get accepted into the Disney College Program, and what you absolutely must never do
- How to pick the best Disney apartment complex, what to pack, whether to enroll in Disney University, and everything else you need to start the program right
- Disney roommate stories, including the notorious “Walk of Shame” and the girl who thought Brillo pads worked in the dishwasher
- The pure joy of creating “Magical Moments” for park guests
- An entire chapter about backstage tours of attractions like Haunted Mansion and Expedition Everest, with trivia only Cast Members know
- Plus, glimpses into every aspect of DCP life, from Traditions and training to merchantaining and private Cast Member parties
These two girls really do have a mouse tale to tell. You’ll love their honesty, their humor, and most of all their enthusiasm for the happiest place on earth. 🙂