We’ve made a list of what to bring to the DCP program. The official DCP site has some suggestions, but it isn’t detailed enough.
If you’re flying down to the program with limited luggage space, the nearby Super Walmart south of Vista Way is the largest, busiest Walmart in all of Florida! You’ll find everything you need, including food and kitchen supplies, there.
There’s also a nice Super Target nearby to pick up apartment items too.
- Bedding (twin sheets, pillow cases)
- Foam mattress pad (definitely need this!!)
- Mattress cover
- Laundry Basket
- Small trash can
- Wall calendar
- Push pins
- Shower curtain (liner supplied)
- Floor mat
- Towels, washcloths
- Storage containers
- Small trash can
- First aid kit, medications
- Coaxial Cable
- Alarm clock
- Fan (sometimes the rooms get a little warm, AC can’t be set below 72 degrees)
- A Watch (follow the Disney Look – Your Watch guidelines)
- Coffee maker
- Food containers
- White board with erase pens
- Kitchen towels, dishcloths
- Water pitcher with filter (water in Florida tastes off)
- Travel mug, water bottle
- Warm Weather Clothes
- tank tops
- short sleeve t-shirts
- bathing suits
- sunglasses/ other accessories
- Sunscreen lotion
- Cool Weather (even though you are going to Florida it does get cold!)
- long sleeved t-shirts
BUSINESS CASUAL CLOTHES (needed for Traditions class):
- Dress pants
- Shirts, Blouses
- Tennis shoes
- Flip flops
- Note: Wait to purchase your role sneakers until after you get to WDW and are assigned your role. Then, purchase either black or white socks to match your sneakers. Some QSFB roles are provided with working shoes.
- A valid (non-expired) Government-Issued Photo ID to complete your background check at Disney Traditions, i.e., your driver’s license.
- Social security card or passport.
- DORMS registration forms (should all be completed online way before you get there!).
- Blank check for automatic payroll deposit.
And, finally: Money, money, money!!! Gift cards, gift cards, gift cards!!! 🙂
You won’t be paid until after the second or third pay cycle after you start working. Plan on bringing at least $500, but $1,000 is better!
All purpose gift card suggestions: Walmart, Target, Disney, Publix, VISA
Food gift cards: McDonalds, Subway, Wendys, Applebees, Starbucks, Chick-Fil-A, Dunkin’ Donuts
Read this next! What Not To Bring To the DCP Program!!!
Wondering what the typical DCP apartment looks like?
Here’s some photos of our apartment at The Commons: Our new apartment at The Commons
Heard rumors of what the cable and internet is like at the DCP apartments???
All true! It’s miserable…so slow still!!
Two Girls and a Mouse Tale
by Elly Collins & Caroline Collins
Ever wonder what it’s like to work for Disney???
We worked at WDW for a year in the Disney College Program and have written a book about what it’s like to be a cast member working for Disney.
We’ve included advice on how to successfully get into the DCP program, including some of the actual phone interview questions, how to have a successful internship, and how not self-term before your program ends. Our book is filled with lots of behind-the-scene stories of the magic of Disney. Available now at Amazon.com in paperback and Kindle formats. Published by Theme Park Press.
Book link on Amazon.com: Two Girls and a Mouse Tale