January 2016 Update: There going to be a Summer DCP Alumni Program in 2016 too!
This posting is exclusively for former Disney College Program participants.
Attention Disney College Program Alumni!
Have you ever wished you could return for a second program over the summer? Well, now could be your opportunity! Apply now to be considered for our 2015 Walt Disney World Resort® Summer Alumni Program. It is open to former Disney College Program participants who have successfully completed a past program on either coast and are still enrolled and taking college classes.
You must be available to arrive on May 26, 2015 and depart your program on August 13, 2015.
Walt Disney World Resort Summer Alumni Program opportunities will be extremely limited. We strongly encourage all candidates to express interest in as many roles as possible. Available roles include:
Quick Service Food and Beverage
Take action to apply now as we anticipate significant demand for this program. The Job Posting will remain active for only a brief period of time.
Basic Qualifications In order to submit an application for the Walt Disney World Summer Alumni Program, applicants must meet the following requirements.
1. You must have successfully completed a past Disney College Program at either the Walt Disney World® Resort near Orlando, FL or at the Disneyland® Resort in Anaheim, CA. NOTE: You may not be a current Spring Program participant (Please speak to your leader about the extensions application process).
2. Be enrolled as a Full-Time or Part-Time Student and taking at least one class in a U.S. accredited college or university.
3. Be fully available for the length of the Program. The Program are May 26, 2015 – August 13, 2015. NOTE: No exceptions can be made to the arrival or departure dates.
4. Due to limited opportunities we strongly encourage all candidates to express interest in as many roles as possible.
5. Must adhere to all Disney Look guidelines; including those pertaining to visible tattoos. Visible tattoos include any tattoos that would not be covered by an assigned costume (example – shorts and short sleeve shirt).
6. A $250 non-refundable Program Assessment Fee will be collected upon accepting your Program, if offered (a $4.50 processing fee may also be applicable).
A Disney College Program participant’s wage will vary between $9.00 – $11.75 per hour, based upon the role that he/she is selected to perform. Participants may also be eligible for premium pay in select roles and will learn their exact rate of pay upon receiving an invitation.
International College Program participants (including those on the J1-Academic and Cultural Representative Program) are not eligible for this opportunity.
A resume and cover letter are not required to be considered for this opportunity.
Two Girls and a Mouse Tale
by Elly Collins & Caroline Collins
Ever wonder what it’s like to work for Disney???
We worked at WDW for a year in the Disney College Program and have written a book about what it’s like to be a cast member working for Disney.
We’ve included advice on how to successfully get into the DCP program, including some of the actual phone interview questions, how to have a successful internship, and how not self-term before your program ends. Our book is filled with lots of behind-the-scene stories of the magic of Disney.
Available now at Amazon.com in paperback and Kindle formats. Published by Theme Park Press.
Book link on Amazon.com: Two Girls and a Mouse Tale