Disneyland resort is reopening on July 17, 2020…on the 65th anniversary of its grand opening on July 17, 1955!
You’ll need a reservation to get into Disneyland or California Adventure and no park hopping will be allowed.
Link to view updated calendars: Disneyland Block-out Dates
June 2020: All Disney Parks in the US remain closed.
June 19, 2020: Disneyland announces new health and safety rules for Disneyland
The new Disneyland COVID-19 health and safety protocols for visitors include:
- Reduced capacity in the parks
- Required face coverings for visitors 2 years old and older
- Temperature checks for visitors prior to entering the parks
- Physical distancing throughout the parks
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting, especially in high-traffic areas
- Additional handwashing and hand sanitizer locations
- Contactless payments at shops and restaurants
Health and safety guidelines for Disney cast members will include:
- Required face coverings and temperature checks
- Adjusting work practices to promote physical distancing
- Increased cleaning in work areas
- Encouraged to stay home when ill
Everyone will be temperature screened before entering the parks.
Everyone over the age of 2 will be required to wear a mask at all times, except when eating.
There will be new hand washing and Purell stations deployed throughout the park.
Social distancing signs will be everywhere.
No firework shows, parades, or character meet and greets.
Crowd capacity will be limited to 30%. No park hopping between parks.
Check out the color of the new Disneyland spirit jersey: Ariel’s Grotto. ❤
Meeting Olaf at California Adventure Park.
We went to Disneyland again in January 2020 before all the COVID-19 pandemic hit.
When we were there, it was was mostly cloudy (the “marine layer”) until noon and barely 70 degrees on most days! You needed a light jacket during the day and a heavier coat at night….it gets COLD! It even rained a few nights…January is the “wet” season in California.
We went to see all the Disney stars on Hollywood’s Walk of Fame! So fun!
We’ve written two books about our time working – and playing – as Disney Cast Members at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida.
If you’d like to follow our daily Disney blog, here’s the link: https://collinsrace1.wordpress.com/
Have a magical day!
Who wore it better??? 😉