The Best Park Snacks (Many for Under $5): These will fill you up until dinnertime!
It’s snacktime! What are you in the mood for…something sweet?, something salty?, something hot?, something cold????
Many snacks at the parks are actually quiet filling!
Here’s a list of our favorite snacks:
- Bakery items. Every park has a bakery crammed packed with freshly baked pastries, huge cupcakes, muffins, cookies, cronuts, French macaroons…all of it delicious! Find out where the park bakery is when you get there and stop in when you’re not hungry. Plan on what you want to buy when you return hungry.
- QSFB cart snacks. Mickey ice cream bars, popcorn, huge Mickey pretzels, funnel cakes, churros and more. Yes, please!
- Confectionary shops. Huge freshly dipped caramel apples, cotton candy, chocolate dipped marshmallows on a stick, bags of caramel popcorn.
- Dole Whip. Have some by itself or as a float with pineapple juice.
- Starbucks has opened locations in all the parks (DAK’s is coming soon, 06/18) and Downtown Disney. Iced coffees, hot coffee drinks, hot cocoa, pastries. All of it good!
- Popcorn! Regular and caramel, at the quick service carts.
Our recommended snacking locations:
MK: Main Street Confectionery, Sleepy Hollow Refreshments, Big Top Treats, Aloha Isle, Sunshine Tree Terrace, Cheshire Café, The Friar’s Nook, Storybook Treats
Epcot: Fountain View, Refreshment Port, Karamell-Küche (Germany), L’Artisan des Glaces (France), American Adventure pavilion
DHS: ABC Commissary, Dinosaur Gertie’s Ice Cream of Extinction
DAK: Pizzafari, Kusafiri Coffe Shop and Bakery, Tamu Tamu Refreshments, Anandapur Ice Cream, Anandapur Café, Trilo-Bites
DTD: Earl of Sandwich, Ghirardelli Soda Fountain (free samples!), Wetzel’s Pretzels, Candy Cauldron, Goofy’s Candy Co. Glaciers (free samples!)
Lions and Tigers and Strollers, Oh My!
This is not Caroline’s first time in the Disney College Program. Along with her sister, she was previously accepted into the program a few years earlier. Back in Colorado, Caroline was wishing for a little more pixie dust to brighten up her life. On a whim, she decides to apply to the exclusive Disney Alumni Summer Program.
Now that she’s back, things get wild.
Wild, as in Disney’s Animal Kingdom, where Caroline is assigned to work in Stroller Rental. While not the most glamorous position in the park, it’s often ground zero for humanity at its best and at its worst.
While Caroline makes many “Magical Moments” for deserving guests whose pixie dust has gone temporarily sideways, she also receives magical moments of her own through the friendships she makes, going to Disney cast member exclusive events, and all the spectacular dining opportunities at Disney World.
Caroline tells all – from the ins and outs of Disney’s secret training class called Traditions; to learning how to be a happy cast member during on-the-job training; to what it’s like to interact with fellow cast members and the guests who are ready to explore the most magical place on earth.
Join Caroline as she takes you on a wild ride through her adventures in Disney’s Animal Kingdom. But be careful, it’s a jungle out there!
Available now at Amazon.com in paperback and Kindle formats. Published by Theme Park Press.
Book link on Amazon.com: Adventures in the Animal Kingdom