Cast Members can’t accept cash, tips, or physical gifts, unless it’s part of their role, i.e., a server in a full-service, sit down restaurant, mousekeeping at Disney hotels, etc. All gifts and gratuities from guests must be turned over backstage. If CMs are seen accepting gifts and do not turn them over to management, they can receive disciplinary action, including being fired!
But, there are many, many ways to show your appreciation for all that we do!
1. CMs always try and go the extra mile for guests and make their time at WDW magical for them. One of the best tips you can give any Disney cast member (employee) is a rave review!
Guests can phone Guest Relations at 407-824-4321 or email Disney with compliments about specific CMs to Guest Communications at: Disney Guest Relations.
2. Remember to wish CMs well on holidays! Most CM’s work every holiday – at regular pay! – and give up that time with their families to keep the theme parks open for your enjoyment. We really appreciate it when a guest wishes us a Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, Happy Halloween, etc. It helps to know that guests appreciate us being there for them.
3. Listen to the Cast Members when you are in their attraction. Disney guests need to listen to announcements, read signs, and adhere to all directions given by CMs, especially safety announcements!.
4. Please do not get upset with CMs because your stroller is somewhere other than where you parked it. Be kind to CMs by parking your stroller, wheelchair, or ECV where it is supposed to be parked for any attraction; don’t be angry with CM’s if it gets moved, as it surely will!
5. Keep your party together. Stay together in line and be ready to tell the CM how many are in your party. Don’t jump/cut the line; no place holding either!
6. Please remember that CMs are not robots, they are human beings too. Some very hurtful things have been said to CM’s because they didn’t allow guests to do whatever they wanted to do. Remember, there are policies and procedures for doing things at WDW that need to be followed for everyone to have an enjoyable visit to the parks.
7. While CMs can’t accept gifts, we’ve known many CMs who received Disney snacks/treats, pins, and thank you cards from guests! For really special CM acknowledgement, stop in at Guest Relations and ask for a comment card. These cards will be given to the CM’s manager and the manager will give the CM a special Four Keys Fanatic card!
8. Print out free, personalized CM Appreciation Cards to bring with you to WDW: Appreciation Cards
9. The number one, easy thing that guests can do to brighten a CMs day is to say: “Thank you”! And don’t forget the: “Please”! We love polite guests, especially little ones!
10. Remember, guest comments weigh heavily in cast member performance evaluations. Your positive remarks can help good CMs get promoted into better jobs. To make an official comment, pick up a comment card at the Guest Services office at the parks. We’ll get a Four Keys Fanatic Card if you do!:)
If you’d rather wait until you get home, you can send comments to:
Walt Disney World Guest Communications
PO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040
Be sure to include the CM’s name and hometown (both noted on their name tag), as well as a description of the CM’s good deed, and approximately where and when/date it happened.
Have a magical day! 🙂
Two Girls and a Mouse Tale
by Elly Collins & Caroline Collins
Ever wonder what it’s like to work for Disney???
We worked at WDW for a year in the Disney College Program and have written a book about what it’s like to be a cast member working for Disney.
We’ve included advice on how to successfully get into the DCP program, including some of the actual phone interview questions, how to have a successful internship, and how not self-term before your program ends. Our book is filled with lots of behind-the-scene stories of the magic of Disney. Available now at Amazon.com in paperback and Kindle formats. Published by Theme Park Press.
Book link on Amazon.com: Two Girls and a Mouse Tale