The taping of Disney’s Christmas Day Parade was held much earlier than normal this year: November 10 – 13, 2015 at the Magic Kingdom in Disney World.
This year’s parade is titled ‘Disney Parks Unforgettable Christmas Celebration’, which is a change from last year’s popular “Frozen”- themed show.
The 32nd annual Christmas celebration airs nationwide on Dec. 25 at 10 a.m. EST and 9 a.m. CST, MST and PST on ABC. The show will also air in Canada on CBC Network and across the globe on the American Forces Network.
Guests in the park during the filming days were able to take part with a regular admission ticket; special event tickets were not necessary.
CM Tip: Cast members could register for up to six free special viewing area tickets. These were timed tickets , i.e., 7am, 10am, 12pm, so you didn’t have to stay all day. CMs that entered the lottery via the Disney work Hub link were notified by email around Nov. 1st if they’d won tickets.
The all star lineup includes the following:
• Jason Derulo shakes up this year’s parade with his rendition of “Can You Feel the Love Tonight”
• Ariana Grande pays tribute to the Greek demi-god Hercules with the Disney favorite “Zero to Hero”, along with her latest single “Focus”
• Seal gives his interpretation of “This Christmas” and new hit, “Every Time I’m With You”
• Country music legend Reba McEntire sings her original song, “Going Out Like That” and the popular Christmas tune, “Santa Claus is Coming to Town”
• Andy Grammer delights the crowd with medley of “Honey I’m Good” and his new single “Good to be Alive,” along with the iconic Christmas song “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas”
• Rising pop star Charlie Puth adds Christmas cheer with “I’ll Be Home for Christmas” and his own single, “One Call Away”
• “Should’ve Been Us” singer Tori Kelly spreads Disney magic with the beloved classic “Colors of the Wind” from “Pocahontas” and the holiday favorite, “Winter Wonderland”
• Soulful singer Charles Perry jazzes up the festivities with a “World of My Own/Ev’rybody Wants to be a Cat” medley and his own spin on the famous Christmas duet, “Baby, It’s Cold Outside”
• The cast of the Disney Channel Original Movie “Descendants,” Dove Cameron, Cameron Boyce, Booboo Stewart and Sofia Carson, pay tribute to Disney’s most infamous villains with “Rotten to the Core”
This year’s Disney Christmas Parade will feature Disney Princess floats, and characters from movie favorites including “Toy Story,” “Pirates of the Caribbean,” “Inside Out,” and “Frozen,” along with the all-new “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” and upcoming “Finding Dory” movie.
Parade Notes, November 2015:
The production company will be shooting various parade elements and guest star performances on Cinderella’s Castle Stage and Main Street USA. Park guests with admission are welcome to view the taping segments from select areas and should arrive as early as possible.
This is an actual television production, so expect songs to be sung multiple times and repeated filming of individual floats and special guests; also the park can be quite crowded on Main Street causing difficulty getting to attractions.
Many guests dress in Christmas attire for the occasion. To avoid the standing crowds, if you’re not interested in watching the filming, take the train at the entrance of the park to Frontierland and navigate the park from there.
Note that these are “light” crowd days at MK – many of the attractions in the park will have little to no wait times!!
Expect schedule changes and cancellations to park entertainment, especially those on Main Street USA, during the filming, including the Festival of Fantasy parade (will be moved to 5pm).
Note: The first night of Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is on November 8, 2015, so the Magic Kingdom, especially Main Street USA, will be fully decorated for the holidays. Cast members can get discounted tickets for MVMCP at the Company D stores for $51.80.
Interested in seeing the 2015 Christmas Day Parade taping at Disneyland??? It’s been cancelled! 😦
November 10, 2015 Update: WDW Parade Celebrities!
Parade Celebrities: The Descendants cast, Reba, Seal, Ariana Grande, Tori Kelly, Charlie Puth, Ashley Benson, Janel Parrish (from Pretty Little Liars), with Robin Roberts returning as the host.
The entire cast from The Descendants (on the Disney Channel) were at MK in full hair/make-up/costume for parade taping this morning! They sang two songs.
November 10, 2015: 7am – 1:30pm: Cast of Disney’s The Descendant’s rehearses and tapes scenes for the parade.
They shot the Descendants today in front of the Castle from about 9am-1:30pm. In the early morning, it was just the backup dancers and lighting crew practicing. Then, The Descendants cast came out and they kept reforming the group to get different angles. (Guests got to watch the same song being sung over and over.) It’s a live production so there is no set schedule, but must wrap production by 3pm because of the rescheduled Festival of Fantasy parade at 5pm.
November 11, 2015: 7am – 3pm: Reba performed 2 songs in front of the Castle this morning, followed by Seal in the afternoon.
November 12, 2015: 7am – 3pm: Taping of more concerts and holiday songs on the Cinderella Castle stage: Ariana Grande, Jason Derulo, Andy Grammar, and Jhene Aikojanae.
November 13, 2015: 7am – 3pm: Parade rehearsal and taping on Main Street. (Usually several rehearsals of dance numbers in the am, actual taping with fireworks in late morning/early afternoon when the sunlight is better.)
Two Girls and a Mouse Tale
by Elly Collins & Caroline Collins
Ever wonder what it’s like to work for Disney???
We worked at WDW for a year in the Disney College Program and have written a book about what it’s like to be a cast member working for Disney.
We’ve included advice on how to successfully get into the DCP program, including some of the actual phone interview questions, how to have a successful internship, and how not self-term before your program ends. Our book is filled with lots of behind-the-scene stories of the magic of Disney. Available now at Amazon.com in paperback and Kindle formats. Published by Theme Park Press.
Book link on Amazon.com: Two Girls and a Mouse Tale