WELCOME TO THE 2018 – 2019 DISNEY FAMILY HOLIDAY CELEBRATION!
WELCOME TO THE 2018-2019 DISNEY FAMILY HOLIDAY CELEBRATION!
The Disney company holds this celebration throughout the Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort in recognition of your hard work all year long. We hope you enjoy the celebration.
Happy Holidays to you!
Your Disney Family Holiday Celebration tickets can be accessed via The Hub >>Complimentary Admission module.
Your Disney Family Holiday Celebration Guest tickets must be used in conjunction with your valid Main Entrance Pass.
Thank you for all you do, and Happy Holidays!
Valid: October 15, 2018 – February 14, 2019
CM Tip: Always check for any blockout days for self admission and also for using your guest passes at: https://blockoutdates.disney.com/
This links below contain the information you need to participate in the 2018 Disney Family Holiday Celebration.
Some of the 2018/2019 Family Holiday Celebration Highlights:
- Walt Disney World and Disneyland Theme Park admission: 1 Free Park Hopper Ticket!
- Disney’s Blizzard Beach or Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park admission: 1 Free
- One round at Disney’s Winter Summerland Miniature Golf Course or Disney’s Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf Course
- Link to check any upcoming Blockout Days: Disney Blockout Days
FOOD & BEVERAGE
List of participating restaurants: WDW Restaurant List
- Three (3) discount meal certificates: 30%, 40% and 50% off
- Disney Dining Plan discounts (Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan and Disney Dining Plan)
- Six (6) Popcorn, Mickey ice cream bar, or soft drink coupons
- ALL RESTAURANT LOCATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING RESTAURANT BLOCK-OUT DATES: Nov. 22-25, 2018; Dec. 21-Jan. 5, 2019; Feb. 14, 2019; Apr 19-21, 2019, May 12, 2019, and July 4, 2019Each coupon is valid for one (1) complimentary box of popcorn OR one (1) regular-sized soft drink/non-alcoholic bottled beverage OR one (1) regular pretzel OR one (1) regular churro OR one (1) Mickey premium ice cream bar OR one (1) Mickey ice cream sandwich OR one (1) frozen fruit bar OR one (1) piece of whole fruit (apple OR banana OR orange) at participating counter-service locations or carts at Disneyland Park, Disney California Adventure Park, Magic Kingdom Park, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park, Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park, Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park, and Disney Springs Marketplace Snacks OR one (1) food item at the Festival of Holidays Marketplace located in Disney California Adventure Park.Regular pretzel can be combined with cheese sauceRegular churro can be combined with accompanying sauceNot valid for alcoholic beverages, non-alcoholic specialty beverages or beverages at table-service locationsNot valid on pretzels with jalapeño or cream cheese or any other fillingNot valid on special flavored churros or churros with any fillingNot valid on walk-around popcorn vendors or at merchandise locations
- Special holiday discount on merchandise (40% discount!)
- Cast discount at Cast Connection (10% discount!)
- Special Company D discount
- One complimentary Disney PhotoPass™ photo download
DISCOUNTED RESORT ROOMS
Enjoy Special Holiday Room Rates
- Eligible Employees:
- Eligible Retirees: Call for more information
- Disneyland Resort: 714-520-5060
- Walt Disney World Resort: 407-939-2278 or 407-WDW-CAST
- Aulani – A Disney Resort and Spa: 1-866-44-DISNEY (1-866-443-4176)
We thought we would post the upcoming blockout dates for using your Disney guest passes for all four WDW theme parks for the next few months in case family and friends are planning a visit to Orlando to see you!
New official link for cast members to check on blockout dates at all Disney Parks: https://blockoutdates.disney.com/
January 2019 – April 2019: The blockout dates for the 4 WDW parks are below.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios:
Disney’s Animal Kingdom:
Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon: Free Admission for Cast Members!
Comments about the Disney Water Parks: Cast members can get into the Disney water parks for free. You can also buy 1/2 price tickets ($28.50) for family and friends at the gate. Cast members must be present with their guests.
Please note that the water parks close when the temperature falls below 65 degrees (the water is not heated) or if thunderstorms/lightning are nearby.
The water parks are scheduled to close for an extended periods for their annual refurbishments:
Blizzard Beach will be closed for its annual refurbishment October 28, 2018 through January 5, 2019.
Typhoon Lagoon will close for its annual refurbishment on January 6, 2019. The refurbishment is planned to continue through to March 17th, reopening to guests on March 18, 2019.
DISNEY WORLD PARK NEWS:
WDW Park ticket prices went up on 02/11/2018.
At the gate, a one-day regular Magic Kingdom ticket will cost $119, a $4 increase. A value ticket will cost $109, a $2 increase, while a peak ticket will now cost $129, a $5 increase.
For the other three parks — Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom — prices are also increasing.
A one-day regular ticket is $114, a $7 increase. A value ticket will cost $102, a $3 increase, while a peak ticket is $122, a $3 increase.
Remember, CMs can buy discounted park tickets for their guests at the Company D store to use on blocked out days.
Discounted (10% off) ticket rates: Discounted Tickets for Cast Members.
October 2018: Parking at all the theme parks went up to $25/day. Second fee increase this year! They are now more consistently checking Annual Pass Holders IDs for free parking at the entrance gate.
Read more here: Disney Increase Parking Fees to $25 a Day
You can see how the blockout dates line up with this 2018-2019 crowd forecast:
Lions and Tigers and Strollers, Oh My!
This is not Caroline’s first time in the Disney College Program. Along with her sister, she was previously accepted into the program a few years earlier. Back in Colorado, Caroline was wishing for a little more pixie dust to brighten up her life. On a whim, she decides to apply to the exclusive Disney Alumni Summer Program.
Now that she’s back, things get wild.
Wild, as in Disney’s Animal Kingdom, where Caroline is assigned to work in Stroller Rental. While not the most glamorous position in the park, it’s often ground zero for humanity at its best and at its worst.
While Caroline makes many “Magical Moments” for deserving guests whose pixie dust has gone temporarily sideways, she also receives magical moments of her own through the friendships she makes, going to Disney cast member exclusive events, and all the spectacular dining opportunities at Disney World.
Caroline tells all – from the ins and outs of Disney’s secret training class called Traditions; to learning how to be a happy cast member during on-the-job training; to what it’s like to interact with fellow cast members and the guests who are ready to explore the most magical place on earth.
Join Caroline as she takes you on a wild ride through her adventures in Disney’s Animal Kingdom. But be careful, it’s a jungle out there!
Available now at Amazon.com in paperback and Kindle formats. Published by Theme Park Press.
Book link on Amazon.com: Adventures in the Animal Kingdom
About the Author:
Caroline’s love for all things Disney, and desire to grow up to be a Disney princess, is the reason she always wanted to work for Disney. Her dream came true working as a cast member at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
Caroline is the co-author of the book, Two Girls and a Mouse Tale, about her adventures working at Disney World with her sister.
She is currently a 7th grade middle school Social Studies teacher in Colorado.
Daily blog link: https://collinsrace1.wordpress.com/