Yes, it’s the most crowded day in July at Disney World, which is also the busiest attendance month at WDW, but, heck yes, it’s a lot of fun too!
Just go with the right attitude and you’ll have fun celebrating the 4th of July holiday this week at Disney World!
Magic Kingdom Park – Park Hours: July 3rd, 8 am – 12 am; July 4th, 8 am – 1 am
- “Disney’s Celebrate America! A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky” offers booming fireworks orchestrated to patriotic melodies showering the Magic Kingdom sky on both July 3rd and July 4th at 9:15 p.m. Guests can also dance the night away with DJs spinning tunes at a Hoedown Throwdown in Frontierland and an out-of-this-world Galactic Gathering in Tomorrowland. Fans at home can join in the Independence Day celebration by viewing a special July 4th live stream of the dazzling fireworks display on the Disney Parks Blog.
- Watch live stream at 9:10EDT: Disney Parks Blog Live Stream
Epcot – Park Hours: 9 am – 9 pm
- “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” will end its 20-year run on September 30, 2019. This will be the last chance to experience the patriotic Fourth of July grand finale of this beloved nighttime spectacular. “The Heartbeat of Freedom” fireworks extravaganza will begin immediately following the 9 p.m. “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” display.
- A cappella vocal group Voices of Liberty will perform great American tunes during a Fourth of July concert on the America Gardens Theatre stage at 5:30, 6:45 and 8 p.m. on July 4th. The group also will perform in the rotunda inside The American Adventure pavilion at 2 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- Guests can meet favorite Disney characters donning their “Spirit of ’76” patriotic attire at The American Adventure throughout the day on July 4th.
- Guests can indulge in themed eats and sips honoring Independence Day throughout the park – everything from patriotic cupcakes and special dining packages to red, white, and blue sangria and try a refreshing Boom Berry Lemonade.
Expect the parks to be packed, especially the Magic Kingdom, with crazy long ride lines and food lines, but just go with the flow. 🙂
The celebration starts on July 3rd and continues into July 4th!
Magic Kingdom – Special ‘Celebrate America!’ Fireworks Over the Castle!
Expect 15 minutes of impressive – and LOUD – pyrotechnics rising not just above the Cinderella Castle, but all around the park. Independence Day is one of the few fireworks displays, along with the Halloween and Christmas versions, that utilize the perimeter bursts, making it seem like the fireworks are all around you.
As you may expect, the fireworks display is accompanied by a rousing patriotic soundtrack that is designed to speak to the soul of America.
Unofficial Tip: Think you’ll watch the fireworks from the beach at the Polynesian Resort? You and a lot of other folks are thinking the same thing! Disney will be checking Magic Bands for beach guests on the 3rd and 4th , and parking will be restricted to resort guests only. The Resort Parking Fees just increased this week!
July 3, 2019:
9:15 pm – “Celebrate America! – A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky” Fireworks
July 4, 2019:
Magic Kingdom – 9:15 pm: “Celebrate America! – A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky” Fireworks. The Magic Kingdom Park will stay open until 1am!
Epcot – Special Characters will be out and Special Fireworks Show: Heartbeat of Freedom!
July 4, 2019: Throughout the day, Disney characters in their patriotic costumes will appear on the promenade near The American Adventure.
The talented Voices of Liberty, a cappella singing group, will perform traditional Americana tunes for a 4th of July Concert on the America Gardens Theater stage at 5:30, 6:45 and 8 pm.
The vibrant American Music Machine will perform pop hits, at 12pm, 1:00, 2:00, 3:00 and 3:50 pm.
9:15pm – IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth will feature “The Heartbeat of Freedom” fireworks show, a special 5-minute patriotic fireworks finale added onto IllumiNations.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios: Rock the 4th with Star Wars fireworks!
- July 4, 2019: 10 pm – Rockin’ 4th of July Celebration: “Star Wars – A Galactic Spectacular” fireworks show for the evening’s celebrations.The new Toy Story Land is open, but Star Wars: Galaxy’s Quest doesn’t open until August 29th!
Animal Kingdom: See the new Rivers of Light: We Are One Show!
There are no special 4th of July events planned at Animal Kingdom. There are never firework events at DAK as they would scare the animals. But, the new light show around the Tree of Life is cool and the Rivers of Light show has been updated.
There are no special holiday events planned at Disney Springs but the Flavors of Florida event is going on right now.
Caroline wrote a blog about celebrating the 4th of July at Disney World:
Read it here: 4th of July at Disney!
We’ve written two books about our time working and playing at Disney World.
Both are available on Amazon.com: Two Girls and a Mouse Tale and Adventures in the Animal Kingdom.
If you’d like to follow our daily Disney blog, here’s the link: https://collinsrace1.wordpress.com/
Have a magical day!