The 2020 International Festival of the Arts runs January 17th – February 24, 2020.
Lots More to See, Do and Eat During the 2020 Festival
- Grab a paintbrush and add color to a wall mural along World Showcase Plaza.
- Join Figment’s Brush with the Masters, a scavenger hunt where the friendly dragon has painted himself into famous pieces of art in each World Showcase pavilion.
- Marvel at and purchase works by Disney’s iconic artists with displays throughout World Showcase.
- Watch visiting artists as they create new pieces, from Disney-inspired works to creative art across diverse mediums.
- Create festival-inspired T-shirts and candles.
- Explore the Green Landing Family Play Zone where Wall-E and Eve invite the entire family to enjoy a lush, green environment built for exploring.
- Jump into photo-ops located throughout Epcot, such as the Peter Pan Storybook installation by the United Kingdom pavilion where guests can flap their fins in Mermaid Lagoon or get their pirate on at Skull Rock.
- Indulge in new culinary fun at the Le Cellier Brunch in the Canada pavilion, a leisurely prix fixe bounty each Saturday and Sunday in the relaxing Canadian chateau. Reservations required.
Three new films will debut at Epcot on the starting day of the festival. Guests can enjoy the “Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along” at the France pavilion; “Canada Far and Wide in Circle-Vision 360” at the Canada pavilion and “Awesome Planet” at The Land pavilion.
“Where everyone is an artist.”
The coolest things during the Festival are the Living Sculptures!
More things to see and do at the Festival:
Festival highlights include:
- Artist appearances
- Artful photo ops
- Workshops and seminars with visiting artists
- Commemorative merchandise
- Community arts musical showcase
- Culinary masterpieces
- Destinations DiscoveredTour
- Disney on Broadway Concert Series
- Gallery exhibits
- Interactive mural
- Living statues
- Walking chalk gallery
- Figment’s Brush with the Masters Scavenger Hunt
- Kidcot Fun Stops
- World Showcase: DestiNations Discovered Tour
The Festival of the Arts features several unique food booths, each with an eclectic menu that puts an emphasis on presentation and plating as much as bold flavors.
Original artwork will be on display at the Odyssey Festival Showplace located in the Odyssey building near the entrance to World Showcase.
In addition, chalk artists will reproduce classic works on canvas as well as park sidewalks, Epcot Living Statues literally come to life and guest performance artists create magic on the spot—with only a wave of their paintbrush!
The America Gardens Theatre offers the free Broadway Concert Series, with songs from Aladdin, Newsies, The Lion King and more. Guests can sing along to sensational, show-stopping renditions of unforgettable Disney hits… bravo! Visit the America Gardens Theatre stage at 5:30 p.m., 6:45 p.m. and 8 p.m. on each festival day to catch the Disney on Broadway Concert Series.
The show-stopping schedule currently features:
- Jan. 17, 20, 21 and 24 – Kissy Simmons and Alton Fitzgerald White (“The Lion King”)
- Jan. 18, 19, 22 and 23 – Heidi Blickenstaff (“The Little Mermaid”) and Gavin Lee (“Mary Poppins”)
- Jan. 25 – Special performance featuring Simmons, White, Blickenstaff and Lee
- Jan. 26, 28, 29; Feb. 1, 2, 5 and 6 – Kara Lindsay (“Newsies”) and Kevin Massey (“Tarzan”)
- Jan. 27, 30, 31, Feb. 3, 4, 7 and 8 – NEW! Liana Hunt (“Newsies”) and Adam Jacobs (“Aladdin”)
- NEW! Feb. 9 – Special performance featuring Lindsay, Massey, Hunt and Jacobs
- Feb. 10, 12, 13, 18, 19, 22 and 23 – Ashley Brown (“Mary Poppins”) and Josh Strickland (“Tarzan”)
- Feb. 11, 14, 15, 16, 17, 20 and 21 – NEW! Syndee Winters (“The Lion King”) and Michael James Scott (“Aladdin”)
- NEW! Feb. 24 – Special performance featuring Brown, Strickland, Winters and Scott.
Some photos from the 2019 Festival of the Arts:
We’ve written two books about our time working – and playing – as Disney Cast Members at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida.
If you’d like to follow our daily Disney blog, here’s the link: https://collinsrace1.wordpress.com/
Have a magical day!