January 25, 2020: Happy New Year to all our Asian friends and fans!
Disney Parks is celebrating the 2020 Chinese Lunar New Year at Disneyland Resort!
Disneyland is celebrating the Year of the Mouse (actually it’s the Year of the Rat!) this Lunar New Year at Disney California Adventure Park, January 17th – February 9, 2020.
During the 24 days of this multicultural celebration, guests will enjoy exciting live entertainment and musical performances, including “Mulan’s Lunar New Year Procession” and the return of the heartwarming “Hurry Home – Lunar New Year Celebration” prior to the “World of Color” nighttime spectacular.
Highlights of the Lunar New Year celebration at Disney California Adventure include:
- “Mulan’s Lunar New Year Procession” is a celebratory parade led by Mulan that honors Lunar New Year and dedicates the new year’s blessings to family and friendship. As a special treat for the Year of the Mouse, Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse join the procession in new celebration attire, along with Goofy in his “god of Good Fortune” attire and Chip ‘n’ Dale in their red vests. Talented performers bring dance, martial arts and drumming to enhance the beautifully colorful procession. “Mulan’s Lunar New Year Procession” will run several times, daily.
- “Hurry Home – Lunar New Year Celebration” is a heartwarming nighttime water show at Paradise Bay prior to “World of Color” which tells the tale of a little lantern’s quest to reunite with family for the annual celebration of good luck and fortune. Guests will be delighted to see Mulan as a part of the little lantern’s journey.
- Beloved characters Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse will don new festive Lunar New Year attire this year as they greet guests at Paradise Gardens. Other characters guests may find in this area include Mulan, Pluto, and the Three Little Pigs who also join in the Lunar New Year celebration.
- Guests will enjoy four festive marketplaces to experience delightful food and beverages inspired by Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese cultures, including the new smoked beef bulgogi short rib and the peach sojito, as well as many other new and returning favorites. The popular Sip and Savor Pass is available for any guest to purchase if they wish to get the best value as they taste their way through the festive Asian marketplaces.
- Longevity Noodle Co.
- Lucky 8 Lantern
- Prosperity Bao & Buns
- Red Dragon Spice Traders
- A special Lunar New Year menu at Paradise Garden Grill offers items inspired by traditional Asian fare, plus a Festival Cart inside Paradise Gardens and special food options at Lucky Fortune Cookery in Pacific Wharf.
- Live, daily performances by authentic Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese dancers and musicians will take place throughout Paradise Gardens Park.
- Enjoy areas for guests to try complimentary arts and crafts. One area features a complimentary dragon’s pearl coloring craft, and another features Chinese calligraphy with local artisans. Plus, new face painting opportunities have been added to the Lunar New Year celebration, available for purchase.
- A Lucky Wishing Wall, located in Paradise Gardens, is where guests may write down wishes and tie them to the wall in hopes for a prosperous future.
- The educational art walls provide guests with information about the festival, including fun details such as “What Year Are You?” as well as the unique story of Lunar New Year in each culture that celebrates the sun and moon festival.
- Inspiring Lunar New Year décor symbolizes good luck, fortune and happiness in bold red and brilliant gold. Guests will see ornamental lanterns and banners wishing guests a Happy Lunar New Year in English, Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese.
- New Lunar New Year merchandise inspired by different cultures of East Asia will be available for purchase. This year, guests will find all-new spirit jerseys, fun bobble-head figures with Chip and Dale, a traditional red envelope set, themed Minnie Mouse ear headbands and more.
From January 17th through February 9, 2020, this spectacular festival will feature live entertainment, delicious food and more. Take a look at the favorite experiences returning for this year’s celebration:
Hurry Home — Lunar New Year Celebration, a nighttime water show on Paradise Bay featuring Mulan, Mushu and a loveable little lantern in a heartwarming tale of family and friendship.
Disney characters such as Mulan and her friend Mushu, along with Mickey Mouse and his pals, will be all dressed up for the occasion.
Enjoy specialty Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese foods at marketplaces and Paradise Garden Grill.
Commemorative merchandise featuring designs inspired by the different cultures of East Asia will be available.
Visit the Lucky Wishing Wall, where you can add your own wish for a good year and stay to watch the festive Mulan’s Lunar New Year Procession parade.
A Wonderful New Year Wishes
Ring in the Chinese Lunar New Year with unforgettable experiences at Disney California Adventure Park. (The Chinese Lunar New Year is January 25, 2020.)
It’s a perfect opportunity to focus on family—all while offering warm wishes for a wonderful future and celebrating the occasion as well!
Sensational Sights to Behold
Over the course of this special event, certain areas of the park will be decked out with festive décor and a variety of continental colors.
Stroll along walkways where awe-inspiring ornamental lanterns have been woven into the walls for all to enjoy. Then, marvel as you feast your eyes upon banners and signs high in the sky—each presented in English, Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese, wishing one and all a Happy Lunar New Year!
Entertainment for Young and Old
No matter who you choose to visit with, be sure to catch an impressive array of authentic performers. And be on the lookout for a few familiar Disney Characters too, dressed in their best and ready to take part in all the fun.
From now through Feb. 9th, celebrate the 2020 Chinese Lunar New Year at Disney California Adventure Park!
Ring in the Year of the Mouse with spectacular entertainment, festive eats and family activities that welcome another year of good fortune for you and your family.
Encounter favorite characters in their pretty Lunar New Year-themed attire.
Watch the new video: 2020 Lunar New Year at Disney California Adventure Park
We got to see it last week:
Every light post has new banners on it.
Lots of interesting food.
Now, actually it’s the Year of the Rat……why didn’t Disney go with Remy???
We’ve written two books about our time working – and playing – as Disney Cast Members at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida.
If you’d like to follow our daily Disney blog, here’s the link: https://collinsrace1.wordpress.com/
Have a magical day!
Two Disney Sisters