Read our new blog about the 2018 Disney Family Holiday Celebration here:
WELCOME TO THE 2017-2018 DISNEY FAMILY HOLIDAY CELEBRATION!
The Disney company holds this celebration throughout the Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort in recognition of your hard work all year long. We hope you enjoy the celebration.
Happy Holidays to you!
Your Disney Family Holiday Celebration tickets can be accessed via The Hub >>Complimentary Admission module.
Your Disney Family Holiday Celebration Guest tickets must be used in conjunction with your valid Main Entrance Pass.
Thank you for all you do, and Happy Holidays!
Valid: October 16, 2017 – February 15, 2018
New official link to check on blockout dates at all Disney Parks: https://blockoutdates.disney.com/
This booklet contains the information you need to participate in the 2017 Disney Family Holiday Celebration.
Some of the 2017/2018 Family Holiday Celebration Highlights:
- Walt Disney World and Disneyland Theme Park admission: 1 Free Park Hopper Ticket!
- Disney’s Blizzard Beach or Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park admission
- One round at Disney’s Winter Summerland Miniature Golf Course or Disney’s Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf Course
- Link to check any upcoming Blockout Days: Disney Blockout Days
FOOD & BEVERAGE
List of participating restaurants: WDW Restaurant List
- Three discount meal certificates: 30%, 40% and 50% off
- Disney Dining Plan discounts (Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan and Disney Dining Plan)
- Six popcorn, Mickey ice cream bar, or soft drink coupons
- ALL RESTAURANT LOCATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING RESTAURANT BLOCK-OUT DATES: Nov. 23 – 26, 2017; Dec. 22, 2017 – Jan. 1, 2018; Feb. 14, 2018; March 30 – April 1, 2018; May 12 – 13, 2018; July 4, 2018:
- Special holiday discount on merchandise (40% discount!)
- Cast discount at Cast Connection (10% discount!)
- Special Company D discount
- One complimentary Disney PhotoPass™ photo download
DISCOUNTED RESORT ROOMS
Starting on Oct. 2, 2017, eligible Cast Members, Crew Members, Imagineers, Employees and Retirees are invited to book rooms at select hotels at the Walt Disney World® Resort, Disney’s Vero Beach Resort and Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort and enjoy special rates for stays most nights Oct. 16, 2017 – Feb. 15, 2018*. Employee, Retiree, or Operating Participant employee must stay in the room.
For example, Cast Members can enjoy rates starting at just $55 per night plus tax at Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort for stays most nights October 16, 2017 – February 15, 2018. Booking starts October 2, 2017. Ask about great rates at other resorts!
Book online via the Walt Disney World Resort Room Discount link or the Disneyland Resort Room Discount link on the Cast tab on the Hub.
WDW Booking number: 407-WDW-CAST
SPECIAL HOLIDAY OFFER FOR OUR DISNEY ‘OHANA!
Eligible Employees, Retirees, and Operating employees book now to receive savings of up to 60% at Aulani, a Disney Resort and Spa on stays most nights Oct. 16, 2017 – Feb. 15, 2018 (excludes Nov. 24 – 27, 2017 and Dec. 21, 2017 – Jan. 1, 2018).* Remember that friends and family of all Walt Disney Company Employees can also save on rooms. Check Backlot for details or call 1-866-44-DISNEY.
- Holiday room discount!
- Special discount on tickets for La Nouba™ by Cirque du Soleil
- Special discounts on select events hosted at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
- Special holiday-themed childcare programs at the YMCA Family Centers at the Walt Disney World Resort
- 50% off initial fee at Lifeline Fitness Center
- Holiday greens fee special
- 50% off bicycle/boat rentals and other Walt Disney World Resort recreation discounts
- Special holiday spa discount
CHERISH THE SEASON WITH YOUR HOLIDAY ORNAMENT
Cast members participating in the 2017 Disney Family Holiday Celebration will each receive one (1) complimentary Cast Holiday Ornament by presenting their certificate along with a valid Company-issued ID at any Walt Disney World® Resort Company D location.
Lions and Tigers and Strollers, Oh My!
This is not Caroline’s first time in the Disney College Program. Along with her sister, she was previously accepted into the program a few years earlier. Back in Colorado, Caroline was wishing for a little more pixie dust to brighten up her life. On a whim, she decides to apply to the exclusive Disney Alumni Summer Program.
Now that she’s back, things get wild.
Wild, as in Disney’s Animal Kingdom, where Caroline is assigned to work in Stroller Rental. While not the most glamorous position in the park, it’s often ground zero for humanity at its best and at its worst.
While Caroline makes many “Magical Moments” for deserving guests whose pixie dust has gone temporarily sideways, she also receives magical moments of her own through the friendships she makes, going to Disney cast member exclusive events, and all the spectacular dining opportunities at Disney World.
Caroline tells all – from the ins and outs of Disney’s secret training class called Traditions; to learning how to be a happy cast member during on-the-job training; to what it’s like to interact with fellow cast members and the guests who are ready to explore the most magical place on earth.
Join Caroline as she takes you on a wild ride through her adventures in Disney’s Animal Kingdom. But be careful, it’s a jungle out there!
Available now at Amazon.com in paperback and Kindle formats. Published by Theme Park Press.
Book link on Amazon.com: Adventures in the Animal Kingdom
About the Author:
Caroline’s love for all things Disney, and desire to grow up to be a Disney princess, is the reason she always wanted to work for Disney. Her dream came true working as a cast member at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
Caroline is the co-author of the book, Two Girls and a Mouse Tale, about her adventures working at Disney World with her sister.
She is currently a 7th grade middle school Social Studies teacher in Colorado.
Daily blog link: https://collinsrace1.wordpress.com/