Welcome to the 2017 International Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot!
Highlights for the 2017 festival include:
- Outdoor Kitchens offering delectable small plates, and flavorful non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages—along with several new food and refreshment kiosks
- More than 70 world-renowned Disney-themed topiaries—including many totally original displays
- Vibrant gardens, flower towers, wildlife habitats and walkways—some being presented for the very first time
- Inspirational exhibits, seminars, how-to demonstrations and all-new farm-to-table dining experiences
- Garden Rocks Outdoor Concert Series featuring throwback beats from fan-favorite bands—with an assortment of debuting acts and dining packages
Bring your camera!!
Kicking off today and running through the end of May! – March 1, 2017 – May 29, 2017 – the extended 2017 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival at Epcot is amazing!
The 2017 International Flower and Garden Festival starts today!
The Disney pin team has created several limited edition pins featuring the F&G topiaries.
The 2017 Limited Edition F&G pins.
Other limited edition merchandise will be available at the Festival Center where they hold the special cooking and gardening demonstrations.
There is a dazzling array of over 70 topiary displays, gardens and exhibits—each featuring seasonal designs or several popular Disney characters, including:
Queen Elsa and Princess Anna. Look at their hair!!!
Festival Blooms – Future World East and West Lake
Fantasia – Future World West
Ranger Mickey & Friends – Future World
Figment – Future World behind Spaceship Earth
Stitch – Fountain-side of MouseGear
Disney Pixar’s Buzz Lightyear – Near Mission Space
Disney Pixar’s Cruz Besouro from the – Near Test Track
Phineas and Ferb – Near Odyssey Bridge
Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, and Pluto – Showcase Plaza
Anna and Elsa – Norway
Bromeliad Dragon – China
Panda presented by Disneynature – China
The Lion King Featuring Mufasa, Pumbaa, Rafiki, Sarabi, Simba and Timon – The Outpost between the Germany and China Pavilion
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs – Germany
Lady and the Tramp – Italy
Disney Pixar’s Woody – The American Adventure
Beauty and the Beast – France
Belle – France
The Three Caballeros – Mexico
Winnie the Pooh and Friends – United Kingdom
Peter Pan, Tinker Bell & Fairy Houses from Pixie Hollow – United Kingdom
Bambi and Friends featuring Bambi, Flower, and Thumper – Canada
Farmer Mickey & Minnie Located between Future World and World Showcase
Bambi & Friends Featuring Bambi, Flower and Thumper Located at the Canada Pavilion
Peter Pan and Captain Hook.
The Lion King
Beauty and the Beast
Yes, there are flowers, but there’s also special foods available during the festival!
The 2017 merchandise logo
THE OUTDOOR KITCHENS
Set up around the World Showcase, Outdoor Kitchens offer regional and national delicacies to sample and taste, with the emphasis on fresh-from-the-garden goodness. Small plates and beverages give guests the chance to try specialty recipes from many international locations!
New in 2017, there are two new Outdoor Kitchens, in addition to the 13 Outdoor Kitchens returning from 2016.
Most dishes are in the $3 – $8 range. Don’t forget that many of these are available for a Disney Dining Food snack credit!
Our tip: Plan on spending about $60 sampling all the cuisine.
Read the entire Food Menu with prices here:
Full Menus for the 2017 Outdoor Kitchen Gardens
THE BERRY BASKET – NEW!
- Lamb chop with Quinoa Salad and Blackberry Gastrique – $7.25, DDP Snack Eligible
- Field Greens with fresh Strawberries, Blue Cheese, Strawberry Vinaigrette and Spice Pecans (V) – $4.75, Vegetarian, DDP Snack Eligible
- Warm Wild Berry Buckle with Pepperberry Sorbet (V) – $4.25, Vegetarian, DDP Snack Eligible
- Founders Raubeaus Pure Raspberry Ale – $4.25
- Island Grove Blueberry Moscato – $5.25
- Twinings® Green Tea Berry Mint Julep (non-alcoholic version also available) – $8.75, $4.25
NORTHERN BLOOM – NEW!
- Seared Scallops with French Green Beans, Butter Potatoes, Brown Butter Vinaigrette and Apple wood Smoked Bacon (GF) – $6.25,Gluten Free, DDP Snack Eligible
- Beef Tenderloin Tips, Mushroom Bordelaise Sauce, Whipped Potatoes with Garden Vegetables – $6.50, DDP Snack Eligible
- Nanaimo Bar – $4.25, DDP Snack Eligible
- Maple Popcorn Shake with Crown Royal Maple Whiskey – $11.75
- Maple Popcorn Shake (non-alcoholic) – $4.50
- Unibroue Maudite Amber Ale, Chambly, Québec – $5.00
- Unibroue À Tout Le Monde Saison, Chambly, Québec – $5.00
- Unibroue Éphémère White Ale, Chambly, Québec – $5.00
- Beer Flight – $11.00
LA ISLA FRESCA
- Jamaican-braised Beef with Pigeon Pea Rice and Micro Cilantro – $6.00, DDP Snack Eligible
- Sugar Cane Shrimp Skewer with Steamed Rice and Coconut Lime Sauce – $6.50, DDP Snack Eligible
- Caribbean Conch Salad with Avocado, Mango and Onions – $5.00, DDP Snack Eligible
- FlanCocho: Vanilla Caramel Custard with Chocolate Coffee Cake (V) – $3.75, DDP Snack Eligible
- Red Stripe Jamaican Style Lager – $4.25
- Frozen Simply Tropical™ Juice Drink with Cruzan Mango Rum – $9.25
- Frozen Simply Tropical Juice Drink (Non-alcoholic) – $4.25
- Pear Cider-brined Shredded Corned Beef with Braised Cabbage and Branston Dressing with Pears – $5.50, DDP Snack Eligible
- House-made Potato and Cheddar Cheese Biscuit with Smoked Salmon Tartare – $5.25, DDP Snack Eligible
- Freshly Baked Lemon Scone with Crème Fraîche and Mixed Berries (V) (GF) – $3.75, DDP Snack Eligible
- McKenzie’s Black Cherry Hard Cider, West Seneca, NY – $4.50
- Caribe Blood Orange Tropical Hard Cider, Florida Beer Company, Cape Canaveral, FL – $4.50
- Ciderboys Strawberry Magic Hard Strawberry Cider, Wisconsin – $4.50
- Martinelli’s Sparkling Cider, California (Non-alcoholic) – $4.75
URBAN FARM EATS
- Watermelon Salad with Pickled Onions, B&W Gourmet Farms Baby Arugula, Feta and Balsamic Reduction (GF) (V) – $4.00, DDP Snack Eligible
- Seared Pork Tenderloin with Mushroom Ragoût, Spring Vegetables and Fingerling Potatoes – $6.25, DDP Snack Eligible
- Crabless Cake with Crispy Vegetable Slaw, Lemon Vinaigrette and Old Bay Remoulade (V) – $6.25, DDP Snack Eligible
- Avivé Natural Peach Sparkling Wine, France – $9.50
- King Estate Acrobat Pinot Noir, Oregon – $5.25
- Wildflower Pale Ale, Forbidden Root Brewery, Chicago, IL – $4.25
- Urban Mary with House-made Pickled Green Bean – $10.75
- Urban Fairy Cocktail – $11.00
- Spicy Hot Dog with Pineapple Chutney and Plantain Chips – $7.50
- Pineapple Soft-Serve (V) – $4.75, DDP Snack Eligible
- Sparkling Pineapple Wine, Florida Orange Groves Winery, St. Petersburg, FL – $11.75
- Pineapple Mana, Maui Brewing Company, Hawaii – $4.25
- Pineapple Soft-Serve with Parrot Bay Coconut Rum – $10.25
- Frozen Desert Violet Lemonade (Non-alcoholic) – $3.50
JARDIN DE FIESTAS
- Chile Relleno de Picadillo: Battered Poblano Pepper filled with Ground Beef covered with Tomato Sauce and Garnished with Queso Fresco and Toasted Almonds – $6.00, DDP Snack Eligible
- Brocheta de Pollo con Salsa Morita: Grilled Chicken with Red and Green Bell Pepper served with Salsa Chile Morita and Garnished with Micro-Cilantro and Edible Flowers – $6.00, DDP Snack Eligible
- Tres Leches: Vanilla Sponge Cake, Cajeta, Condensed Milk and Evaporated Milk and Garnished with Orange Zest – $3.95, DDP Snack Eligible
- Hibiscus Margarita – $10.25
- Elderflower Pineapple Margarita – $11.25
- Watermelon White Sangria – $8.75
- Pacifico Draft Beer with Kahlua Floater – $6.75
- Dasani Water – $3.00, DDP Snack Eligible
- Spicy Chicken Lettuce Wrap – $5.95, DDP Snack Eligible
- Beijing-Style Candied Strawberries (V) – $5.50, DDP Snack Eligible
- Vegetable Spring Rolls (V) – $4.50, DDP Snack Eligible
- Oolong Peach Bubble Tea – $6.75
- Kung Fu Punch: Vodka, Triple Sec, Mango and Orange Juice – $8.75
- Dragon Pearl: Beer, Honey, Cream and Tapioca Pearls – $8.75
- S.G: A cooler of Mango Wine, Strawberry and Ginger Ale – $8.75
- Plum Wine Cooler – $8.75
- Tsingtao Beer – $3.50
- Dasani Bottled Water – $3.00, DDP Snack Eligible
BAUERNMARKT FARMER’S MARKET
- Potato Pancakes with House-made Apple Sauce (V) – $3.75, DDP Snack Eligible
- Potato Pancake with Caramelized Ham, Onions and Herb Sour Cream – $4.25, DDP Snack Eligible
- Roasted Bratwurst with Curry Ketchup and Paprika-spiced Chips (GF) – $5.25, DDP Snack Eligible
- Warm Cheese Strudel with Mixed Berries – $4.00, DDP Snack Eligible
- Hugo-Charles De Fere “Organic” Brut with Elderflower and Mint – $9.50
- Paulaner Original Munich Lager – $4.25
- Schöfferhofer Hefeweizen – $4.25
- Köstritzer Schwarzbier Black Lager – $4.25
- Beer Flight – $9.50
- Antipasto Misto: Cerignola Olives, Sweet Soppressata and Salami, Ovolini, Mozzarella, Sweet Roasted Peppers and Ciabatta Bread – $6.00, DDP Snack Eligible
- Meatball Parmigiana: Hand-made Beef and Veal Meatballs, Tomato Sauce, Mozzarella, Parmigiana and Fresh Basil – $7.00, DDP Snack Eligible
- Strawberry Tiramisu: Ladyfingers, Mascarpone Cream and Marinated Strawberries topped with Strawberry Sauce (DDP) – $5.50, DDP Snack Eligible
- Pinot Grigio – $8.00
- Chianti – $8.00
- Prosecco – $9.00
- Corbinello – $8.00
- Moscato – $8.00
- Bellini Sparkling Wine and Peach purée – $10.00
- Rossini Sparkling Wine and Marinated strawberries – $10.00
- Frozen Italian Margarita with Limoncello and Tequila – $10.00
- Moretti Lager – $5.50
- Moretti La Rossa – $5.50
- Dasani Water – $3.00, DDP Snack Eligible
THE SMOKEHOUSE: BARBECUE AND BREWS
- Pulled Pig Slider with Coleslaw and Crispy Onions – $6.00, DDP Snack Eligible
- Smoked Pork Ribs with Black Bean and Corn Salad (GF) – $6.75 DDP Snack Eligible
- Beef Brisket Burnt Ends Hash with White Cheddar Fondue and Pickled Jalapeños – $6.25, DDP Snack Eligible
- Warm Chocolate Cake with Bourbon-Salted Caramel Sauce and Spiced Pecans (V) – $3.75, DDP Snack Eligible
- Zen of Zin Old Vine, California – $5.25
- Orange Blossom Pilsner, Orlando, FL – $4.25
- 3 Daughters Phantasmas IPA, St. Petersburg, FL – $4.25
- Shipyard Maple Bacon Stout, Clearwater, FL – $4.25
- Beer Flight – $9.50
- Frozen Lemonade with Firefly Blackberry Moonshine – $11.75
- Frozen Lemonade (Non-alcoholic) – $3.25, DDP Snack Eligible
- Frushi: Fresh Pineapple, Strawberry and Melon rolled with Raspberry Coconut Rice, sprinkled with Toasted Coconut and Whipped Cream on the side (V) – $5.75, DDP Snack Eligible
- Ahi Tuna Poke Sesame Ginger – $8.00, DDP Snack Eligible
- Beef Teriyaki Udon: Thin-sliced Beef, Onions and Noodles tossed on the grill with Soy and Ginger – $6.20, DDP Snack Eligible
- SapporoPremium Black Lager – $4.25
- Kirin Ichiban Pale Ale – $4.00
- Matcha (Green Tea) Sake Cocktail – $7.50
- Amabuki Kurenai Junmai Sake – $8.50
- Ozeki Shin Junmai Sake – $8.50
- Dasani Water – $3.00, DDP Snack Eligible
TASTE OF MARRAKESH
- Merguez “Hot Dog” Sausage: Spicy Beef and Lamb with Satueed Onions and Green Peppers – $6.00, DDP Snack Eligible
- Home-Made Falafel with Pickled Beet and Turnip, Tomato Salad and Tahini Sauce – $5.00, DDP Snack Eligible
- Baklava (V) – $4.00, DDP Snack Eligible
- Desert Rose: Sparkling Wine topped with Pomegranate Liqueur – $8.00
- White Sangria – $5.00
- Guerrouane Red Wine – $4.00
- Casa Beer – $4.00
- Dasani Water – $3.00, DDP Snack Eligible
- Tarte à l’Onion Alsacienne: Alsatian Onion Tart with Sautéed Onions, Fresh Thyme and Rosemary on a Flaky Puff Pastry Crust (V) – $4.75, DDP Snack Eligible
- Poulet aux Écrevisses, Riz Pilaf: Baked Chicken with Crawfish served with Rice Pilaf – $5.75, DDP Snack Eligible
- Macaron Chocolat Framboise: Large Raspberry Macaron with Chocolate Fudge and Raspberry Jam (GF) – $4.75, DDP Snack Eligible
- La Vie en Rose Frozen Slush: Grey Goose Vodka Orange, St. Germain Liquor, White and Red Cranberry Juice – $9.95
- Kir Pomegranate, Sparkling Wine, Pama Pomegranate Liquor – $7.95
- Brut de Pêche, Natural Peach Sparkling Wine – $7.50
- Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blend, C’est La Vie – $5.00
- Kronenbourg Blanc 1664 – $4.25
The F&G Festival is so beautiful! (I took this photo on my cell phone last year!)
THE FESTIVAL GARDENS
And, don’t forget to stop by and see the special butterfly pavilion and all the special gardens of the festival!
From Bonsai trees to butterflies, there’s a bounty of displays ready to capture your family’s attention and imagination. Highlights include:
Bonsai Collection – Branch out to the Japan Pavilion to cultivate an appreciation for an ancient art form that produces the most amazing miniature trees.
The Butterflies on the Go pavilion
Butterflies hatching daily.
Butterflies on the Go presented by GoGo squeeZ – Float over to this happening habitat in Future World to get an up-close glimpse at several species of butterflies—they may even brush by your shoulder during the exciting walkthrough tour.
English Tea Garden hosted by Twinings of London – Ripen your knowledge of the art and history of tea during this 20-minute guided tour. Afterwards, capture the cutest photos of tea-flavoring plants tucked inside giant saucers that are strewn throughout the garden.
Floating Mini-Gardens – Gaze upon 225 petite plots drifting on the ponds that border the walkway between Future World and World Showcase.
Health & Healing Garden – Glide over to The Land to discover ancient plants that have the ability to heal!
Illuminated Gardens – See Epcot with new wonder as select Disney topiaries and Festival playgrounds all across the park glow with light as the Flower & Garden fun continues into the night!
Pepper Fire Garden – Think you can take the heat? Head to The Land Pavilion to peek at the world’s hottest peppers.
Prehistoric Plants – Spot examples of greenery that existed when dinosaurs roamed the earth at Future World East.
Purple Martins Presented by Audubon Florida – Stop and listen to the tranquil sound of this special species of songbird at Future World East.
Shakespeare Garden – Thou shalt adore matching up famous quotes to flowers found within this vibrant garden in the United Kingdom Pavilion.
THE MUSIC OF THE FESTIVAL
Garden Rocks Outdoor Concert Series featuring throwback beats from fan-favorite bands with new acts added this year. Always a crowd pleaser!
Two Disney Sisters
Two Girls and a Mouse Tale
by Elly Collins & Caroline Collins
Ever wonder what it’s like to work for Disney???
We worked at WDW for a year in the Disney College Program and have written a book about what it’s like to be a cast member working for Disney.
We’ve included advice on how to successfully get into the DCP program, including some of the actual phone interview questions, how to have a successful internship, and how not self-term before your program ends. Our book is filled with lots of behind-the-scene stories of the magic of Disney. Available now at Amazon.com in paperback and Kindle formats. Published by Theme Park Press.
Book link on Amazon.com: Two Girls and a Mouse Tale
One last photo….Thousands of colorful flowers surrounding Friendship Bay at Epcot – 30 million blossoms!